Sudhir Menon, Vice President of Enterprise Information Management on Hilton’s innovation/renovation journey to create data as an enterprise asset .The data framework using HortonWorks Hadoop as the platform is the single source and repository for any enterprise-class data for reporting, analytics and data science. To achieve this transformation and levarage data as a true enterprise asset, we focused on a roadmap with 3 major objectives:
• API based delivery of data enabling real-time use
• Decommissioning legacy tools/environments
• Managing the data architecture for all IT investments in a Big Data model with scalability over years
Platform and framework to accomplish this roadmap include:
• Repository of ‘master’ data
• Real-time processing of data for the enterprise
• Best-in-class BI tools to analyze and visualize data
• Data science tools to identify underlying trends in data
We enable travel & hospitality market disruption through data & analytics innovation
We drive Hilton’s performance with actioned, integrated insights, through market-leading, differentiated expertise and continuous innovation.
1. Create an aspirational and unrivaled hospitality Data & Analytics team that attracts the best talent
2. Become a trusted strategic business partner, driving untapped incremental value.
3. Provide timely access to quality data and innovative solutions.