In this session we will take you through some of the new and exciting features in Apache Atlas 1.0, including the following:
* Propagation of classifications.
* Enhanced metadata security with fine grained authorization.
* Time-bound classifications to support time-based security policies in Apache Ranger.
* Introduction of new business glossary and UX improvements in entity relationships.
* JanusGraph as the new graph store for Atlas.
* Enhanced metadata hook for HBase.
* Improved V2 Kafka notifications for better processing.
Apache Atlas provides open source metadata management and governance capabilities for organizations to build a catalog of their data assets, classify and govern these assets and provide collaboration capabilities around these data assets for data scientists, analysts and the data governance team.
Apache Atlas recently graduated into a top-level project, with an active community engaged in building new features and enhancements. We will conclude with a demo to showcase the new features in Apache Atlas 1.0 and how metadata can be managed effectively in a centralized and platform agnostic store.